Last Modified: 2/3/2020
We do not knowingly collect or store personal information from children under 13, even in aggregate. If we learn that we have done so we will endeavor to delete such personal information as soon as possible.
The following types of personal information may be collected, stored, and used:
- information about your computer including your IP address, geographical location, browser type and version, and operating system;
- information about your visits to and use of this Site including the referral source, length of visit, page views, and Site navigation paths;
- information, such as your email address, that you enter when you register with our Site;
- information, such as your name and email address, that you enter in order to set up subscriptions to our emails and/or newsletters;
- information that you enter while using the services on our website;
- information that is generated while using our website, including when, how often, and under what circumstances you use it;
- information relating to purchasing a membership, which includes your name, username and email address (name, address, telephone number, email address and credit card details may be collected by PayPal);
- information that you post to our Site with the intention of publishing it on the internet, which includes your username, profile pictures, and the content of your posts;
- information contained in any communications that you send to us by email or through our Site, including its communication content and metadata;
- any other personal information that you send to us.
Personal information submitted to us through our Site will be used for the purposes specified in this policy or on the relevant pages of the Site. We may use your personal information for the following:
- administering our Site and business;
- personalizing our Site for you;
- enabling your use of the services available on our Site;
- sending you goods purchased through our Site;
- supplying services purchased through our Site;
- sending statements, invoices, and payment reminders to you, and collecting payments from you;
- sending you non-marketing commercial communications;
- sending you email notifications that you have specifically requested;
- sending you our email newsletter, if you have requested it (you can inform us at any time if you no longer require the newsletter);
- sending you marketing communications relating to our business or the businesses of carefully-selected third parties which we think may be of interest to you, by post or, where you have specifically agreed to this, by email or similar technology (you can inform us at any time if you no longer require marketing communications);
- providing third parties with statistical information about our users (but those third parties will not be able to identify any individual user from that information);
- dealing with inquiries and complaints made by or about you relating to our Site;
- keeping our website secure and prevent fraud;
- verifying compliance with the terms and conditions governing the use of our website (including monitoring private messages sent through our Site private messaging service); and
- other uses.
If you submit personal information for publication on our Site, we will publish and otherwise use that information in accordance with the license you grant to us.
Your privacy settings can be used to limit the publication of your information on our Site and can be adjusted using privacy controls on the Site.
We will not, without your express consent, supply your personal information to any third party for their or any other third party’s direct marketing.
We may disclose your personal information to any of our employees, officers, insurers, professional advisers, agents, suppliers, or subcontractors as reasonably necessary for the purposes set out in this policy.
We may disclose your personal information to any member of our group of companies (this means our subsidiaries, our ultimate holding company and all its subsidiaries) as reasonably necessary for the purposes set out in this policy.
We may disclose your personal information:
- to the extent that we are required to do so by law;
- in connection with any ongoing or prospective legal proceedings;
- in order to establish, exercise, or defend our legal rights (including providing information to others for the purposes of fraud prevention and reducing credit risk);
- to the purchaser (or prospective purchaser) of any business or asset that we are (or are contemplating) selling; and
- to any person who we reasonably believe may apply to a court or other competent authority for disclosure of that personal information where, in our reasonable opinion, such court or authority would be reasonably likely to order disclosure of that personal information.
Except as provided in this policy, we will not provide your personal information to third parties.
Information that we collect may be stored, processed in, and transferred between any of the countries in which we operate in order to enable us to use the information in accordance with this policy.
Information that we collect may be transferred to the following countries which do not have data protection laws equivalent to those in force in the European Economic Area: the United States of America, Russia, Japan, China, and India.
Personal information that you publish on our website or submit for publication on our website may be available, via the internet, around the world. We cannot prevent the use or misuse of such information by others.
This Section 7 sets out our data retention policies and procedure, which are designed to help ensure that we comply with our legal obligations regarding the retention and deletion of personal information.
Personal information that we process for any purpose or purposes shall not be kept for longer than is necessary for that purpose or those purposes.
Notwithstanding the other provisions of this Section 7, we will retain documents (including electronic documents) containing personal data:
- to the extent that we are required to do so by law;
- if we believe that the documents may be relevant to any ongoing or prospective legal proceedings; and
- in order to establish, exercise, or defend our legal rights (including providing information to others for the purposes of fraud prevention and reducing credit risk).
We will take reasonable technical and organizational precautions to prevent the loss, misuse, or alteration of your personal information.
We will store all the personal information you provide on our secure (password and firewall-protected) servers.
All electronic financial transactions entered into through our Site will be protected by encryption technology.
You acknowledge that the transmission of information over the internet is inherently insecure, and we cannot guarantee the security of data sent over the internet.
You are responsible for keeping the password you use for accessing our Site confidential; we will not ask you for your password (except when you log in to our Site).
You may instruct us to provide you with any personal information we hold about you; provision of such information will be subject to the supply of appropriate evidence if your identity for this purpose such as a photocopy of a valid driver license or passport.
We may withhold personal information that you request to the extent permitted by law.
You may instruct us at any time not to process your personal information for marketing purposes.
In practice, you will usually either expressly agree in advance to our use of your personal information for marketing purposes, or we will provide you with an opportunity to opt out of the use of your personal information for marketing purposes.
Our Site includes hyperlinks to, and details of, third party websites. We have no control over, and are not responsible for, the privacy policies and practices of third parties.
Please let us know if the personal information that we hold about you needs to be corrected or updated via the Contact Us page.
The names of the cookies that we use on our Site, and the purposes for which they are used, are set out below:
|COOKIE NAME||COOKIE TYPE||COOKIE DESCRIPTION|
|G_ENABLED_IDPS, disqus_unique||(session/persistent)||Disqus - Used to provide functionality for users to leave comments on the Site, and for single Sign-On for the Disqus platform.|
|gravatar, is-logged-in||(session/persistent)||Gravatar - Used to provide functionality for users to have an image that follows you from site to site appearing beside your name when you do things like comment or post on a blog.|
|_ga, _gid, _gat, _gtag||(session/persistent)||Google Analytics - Used to recognize a computer when a user visits the Site to track users as they navigate the Site, which helps us improve the Site’s usability, analyze the use of the Site and prevent fraud and improve the security of the Site.|
|_abck, bm_sz, ak_bmsc, _AVESTA_ENVIRONMENT, MCPopupClosed||(session/persistent)||MailChimp - Used when a user subscribes to a newsletter mailing list.|
|pmpro_visit||(session)||Paid Memberships Pro - Used to recognize a computer when a user visits the Site to enable the use of a shopping cart on the Site and to personalize the Site for each user.|
|PHPSESSID||(session)||Used to recognize a computer when a user visits the Site to maintain the logged-in status of a User.|
|wp-settings||(session)||WordPress - Used to customize your view of Site interface.|
Deleting cookies will have a negative impact on the usability of many websites.
If you are a California resident, please see our Privacy Notice for California Residents.